• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interim denied - any way to appeal or get job back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

13cyberphoenix

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

so I just got my job terminated today because my upcoming tasks required a interim security clearance and the company couldn't find any unclassified stuff for me to work on. They didn't want to wait months or a year for me to get the final Secret clearance. I filled out the sf-86 for the Secret clearance in great detail in the 'additional comments' to ensure the investigation would go asap

I tried asking a co-worker who handles this stuff to explain why I didn't get the clearance and she just told me to tell her why, as if it was obvious. I never got a clear answer, but there could be multiple factors.

I have no criminal history, bad credit, etc. Is there any way I can find out the exact reason why I got denied? Can I appeal the decision? If I have to get an attorney or something, I'll probably have to do it because I'm sure getting my interim denied looks very bad when I try applying for other jobs in the aerospace/defense industry

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law you can invoke that will force the employer to give you the exact reason you were denied, if that is your question, or to give you your job back. You are free to request to appeal the decision internally but there is no means for you to do it within the legal system. Your employer is free to either reconsider your request or ignore it, whichever they choose.

In other words, based on what you have posted this is entirely an internal question and not one subject to law or legal recourse.

13cyberphoenix

There is no law you can invoke that will force the employer to give you the exact reason you were denied, if that is your question, or to give you your job back. You are free to request to appeal the decision internally but there is no means for you to do it within the legal system. Your employer is free to either reconsider your request or ignore it, whichever they choose.

In other words, based on what you have posted this is entirely an internal question and not one subject to law or legal recourse.
I was hoping I could contact someone in the GOVERNMENT who can at least give me a reason as to why it was denied. It would be better if I could appeal their decision. I don't need to force my employer to give me my job back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">