• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interim Security Clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kquaken

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My question is, do I still hold a interim security clearance?

Here is my situation. Last August I was required to get an interim security clearance for a government contract company. I did all of the required paper work prior to the interview and a couple weeks later was told that I currently hold an interim security clearance, this all happened before the interview. I then interviewed with the company and was asked to start training in two weeks. The problem was I still had a year left of college and decided to finish instead of taking the job. They told me to get a hold of them when I graduate. When I called them after I graduated they told me that they were not going to give me a position because I had turned it down the first time. now a couple months after graduation I am interviewing for the same position with a different company.

Now, I was never told that my interim clearance was active and since I never did work for the company I don't believe it was.

so would I still have my interim security clearance? Is there a way to pull up this information and find out? I was never given a TS number or IS number. The only confirmation that I have is an email from the HR department from the first company and a copy of all of the paper work that I had to fill out.

st-kitts

No. Your clearance as a contractor, interim or otherwise, is sponsored by the company with the government contract. Thus, your clearance terminates with the termination of your employment or when you withdraw from the process as was the case with you. The Contractor Security Officer would have submitted paperwork canceling their request for your clearance when you failed to begin working.

Your clearance this go around may be quicker. It may be dones as a reinvestigation as opposed to an initial investigation. There is also a time period where a clearance can be "reinstated" the actual term for this process is eluding me.

Finally, no, there is no way the general public can look up who has an active clearance. Yes, many databases exist. No, you don't get to peek just because you are curious...

Kquaken

thank you

Thank you! This helps a lot. I was just looking to make my self more knowledgeable about the situation.

Thank you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">