• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intermittent Weeks on Family Leave Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mendez_a

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Could someone explain to me in detail how intermittent weeks work on Family Leave Insurance.

It says you can take six consecutive weeks, intermittent weeks or 42 intermittent days during a 12 month period, beginning with the first date of the claim. Leave must be at least seven consecutive days.

If I work M-F (5 days), does that mean I must take 7 business days at a time or is it just one full week (7 days) at a time? If it is business days then does that mean I actually can take up to 8 weeks?

Any info would help. Thanks!:

Beth3

Can you please clarify what you mean by "family leave insurance?"

Are you talking about some benefit your employer provides that pays you while you are on leave? Or are you talking about the Family and Medical Leave Act that allows you (unpaid) time off for a specified reason?

pattytx

I've never seen any program such as this where "week" meant anything other than a 7-day period. If they had meant 8 weeks, I'm sure they would have said 8 weeks. But you can certainly contact the state to confirm.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">