• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in New Jersey. Do I need any kind of lisence for to have my own internet business as an independent contractor or internet agent of big company (the one which has the entire internet business)? If yes, what kind and where I can get it and what do I need for to get it? What kind of taxes I have to pay in New Jersey if I am independent contractor (self employed)?



NJ business

Most localities require all businesses to have a license. You can get your business license at the city or county administrative building for your area.

You will be liable for federal and state income tax on your earnings from the business.

There are a lot of things to consider, such as the form of entity for the business and tax matters. Before starting a business, I would recommend you read the FreeAdvice material at http://business-law.freeadvice.com/starting_a_business/ and the IRS material, which contains much more than just tax topics, at http://business-law.freeadvice.com/starting_a_business/. Also your local chamber of commerce has business kits that have about everything you will need available at a low price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential