• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

internet purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

country_girl_25

What is the name of your state? tx

I purchased something from a lady who lives in ms. It has been over a month & I have not rec'd my what i purchased. The check has been cashed so I know they rec'd the money. This was not on ebay nor was it through paypal, so I can't go back to either of them. Is there anything I can do. The purchase amt was a little over $600.00. I have tried emailing several times but have only gotten one reply.
Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
"what was the reply?"

My response:

The reply, in effect, said - - "Sue me."

This is what happens when people insist on doing business across state lines. An expensive lesson. Our writer is at the mercy of the recipient. Now that the recipient has the money, and other than through sheer honesty or guilt, what is the impetus to actually deliver the goods? The money is as good as gone.

Oh sure, we could describe numerous "legal remedies" to our writer; however, each would be more expensive than the next, and certainly more than the $600.00.

Moral of this story - - stop doing business over the Internet and buy locally - - or don't buy at all.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">