• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interpleader Action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gayle Bjornberg

What is the name of your state? MN
Our family was served with an Interpleader against my father's life insurance policy. Proceeds were previously stipulated in a Divorce Decree. We (our Atty) sent in the Answers to Interpleader. Does anyone out there know about how long that takes to get a decision from a Judge? Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Gayle Bjornberg said:
Does anyone out there know about how long that takes to get a decision from a Judge? Thanks

=====================================

My response:

That's a bit of a loaded question. It's like asking "how long is a piece of string."

There are many variables involved with the litigation process, and they all depend on one another; e.g., the calendar of the court's docket, the ferocity of the litigation between the parties, etc., etc.

Other than saying that it could last for months or years, that's about as good as your answer is going to get.

IAAL

G

Gayle Bjornberg

Interpleader

:rolleyes: The amount of said policy is only $13,000 and all of us kids (4 bro's and myself) paid for the funeral expenses as the Court Order (in the divorce decree) stipulated. Would these facts speed things up a bit? Thanks for your continued assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">