• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interpleader Action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gayle Bjornberg

What is the name of your state? MN Please read previous threads. Now we're going thru more hoops. They want a copy of my Father's drivers license (to prove residency?) and well as Velma's. The judge is also requesting that the ATTY fees be taken out of the policy proceeds - $7,800 - FOR WHAT? We didn't start this Interpleader action - we're just responding to my Dad's wife's. What a bunch of ****! Any suggestions? Can I talk to one of you Atty's? Mine doesn't seem to be doing his job very well.

HomeGuru

Gayle Bjornberg said:
What is the name of your state? MN Please read previous threads. Now we're going thru more hoops. They want a copy of my Father's drivers license (to prove residency?) and well as Velma's. The judge is also requesting that the ATTY fees be taken out of the policy proceeds - $7,800 - FOR WHAT? We didn't start this Interpleader action - we're just responding to my Dad's wife's. What a bunch of ****! Any suggestions? Can I talk to one of you Atty's? Mine doesn't seem to be doing his job very well.
**A: yes, you can talk but do not expect us to search through your previous threads. We are very busy people.

Beth3

Gayle, locate your previous post and then cut and paste your post above to the bottom of it. Use the "reply" button on the bottom of the original post to open up a window to paste your post.

That will automatically bring your thread to the top of this section and will allow anyone who wants to respond the opportunity to read the history of your situation.

G

Gayle Bjornberg

QUOTE]Originally posted by Gayle Bjornberg
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My father had a (group) Life Insurance Policy and changed his beneficiary to his current wife of 11 years. He forgot however, that the divorce decree between my mother and himself stipulated that the life insurance proceeds be paid 1/2 to my mother and the other 1/2 to his children (myself & 4 bro's). The divorce was final in 1992 and obviously he changed the benef. after that. My fathers' wife is now contesting that stipulation and wants the proceeds of said policy. Any suggestions please?
[/QUOTE]

ORIGINAL THREAD - THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP EVERYONE!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">