• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interpretation of Parenting Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miamaria

I live in oregon currently following Marion County 8.075 Standard Parenting plan. I am the non residential parent. My child is sick needs to stay home and go to the doctor. Residential parent states I must return her to other residence.
What is the correct interpretation of page 14 section 5.4.1? It states:

Unless the residential parent and the nonresidential parent otherwise agree, the parent at whose home the child slept the night before an illness is responsible for staying home with that child the next day if the child is too ill to return to school or daycare.

Does my child have to go back at the time school would begin or can I keep her home with me to care for?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I live in oregon currently following Marion County 8.075 Standard Parenting plan. I am the non residential parent. My child is sick needs to stay home and go to the doctor. Residential parent states I must return her to other residence.
What is the correct interpretation of page 14 section 5.4.1? It states:

Unless the residential parent and the nonresidential parent otherwise agree, the parent at whose home the child slept the night before an illness is responsible for staying home with that child the next day if the child is too ill to return to school or daycare.

Does my child have to go back at the time school would begin or can I keep her home with me to care for?
Where did the child sleep last night?

miamaria

Yes, I do not work. Residential parent is demanding I take her to other residence or claims I'm in violation and will call the police. I don't feel I'm violating anything based on what it says. The other parent would have to take the day off or my child would be cared for by another relative. It doesn't make sense to me. Child should stay with me to care for correct?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think it will still depend on whether OP can stay home with the child... (based on the posted wording)
I agree - if the OP cannot stay home with the child, then the child should return to the other parent. However, the wording of the OP (and the very existence of the OP) leads me to believe that the OP is ready, willing, and able to care for the child.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, I do not work. Residential parent is demanding I take her to other residence or claims I'm in violation and will call the police. I don't feel I'm violating anything based on what it says. The other parent would have to take the day off or my child would be cared for by another relative. It doesn't make sense to me. Child should stay with me to care for correct?
I agree with you. Kiddo should stay with you. In fact, the wording of the standard parenting plan seems to require that you do so ("...
the parent at whose home the child slept the night before an illness is responsible for staying home with that child the next day if the child is too ill to return to school or daycare.")

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">