• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

interstate agreement act, help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gatorjaws

hi, i need help and information and even the codes of the i beleive interstate agreement act.
my friend is in a federal prison in lexington serving time for conspericy.
indiana is trying to bring up state charges
that was to be dropped. he is doing well
and doing his time. the problem is, he has been sent to indiana several of times for a court date, removing him from lexington,messing his job there and all chances of being moved to a minimum security.
(they had dropped the maximum security but cannot do this til stated charges they say they have on him are taken care of.)
all the times to indiana he was to go to trial, they kept him there for 2 to 3 weeks
each time and never had a trial. i beleive there is a law that when they transfer you
to another state from federal prison- to state they have to have a trial. he has never been to trial all the times they sent him there, and is going to send him again.
he is sending i beleive it is called an appeal for his rights. please help with information on this agreement act and codes to look up to help him. thank you annette mcconnell

L

lorainohio

other crimes/ interstate agreement on detainers

There is the Interstate Agreement on Detainers, that is recognized in every state, It is by the Constitution to protect citizens from sitting in jail for long periods of time not having a trial. and if they are incarcerated already it could be disrupting their programs and rehabilitation process, so there is a process where documents need to be filed through the warden at the serving institution. in Ohio the court has 180 days to bring defendant to trial or dismiss the case if not. Do an Aol search using Law-(Indiana) or whatever the state is. Get to that state website then do a search there using words (Interstate Agreement on Detainers)...It will give the guidelines for that particular state. Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">