• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interstate help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?California/Kentucky/Missouri

Order is out of California, Mom and kids live in Kentucky, Dad lives in Missouri.

I've been playing a run-around game with Kentucky and Missouri for three years now. I asked Kentucky to domesticate the order, they did. Kentucky asked Missouri to enforce the order and collect on the arrears. Missouri filed with their courts to register, enforce but did not properly include the arrears according to the Assistant Attorney General in Missouri who filed to set aside the enforcement order on the arrears. Well now everything has been dismissed because the AGA filed it wrong. My ex is actually paying so that is good, but now what he is paying is being subtracted from what he owes in arrears instead of it going to current order, since the current order got dismissed. Confused yet?

The last entry made 3 months ago in the original case is "Notice of Dismissal was filed in the wrong case. Petitioner to refile notice in the subcase." I'm listed as the petitioner, my "attorney" is listed but I've never met him or spoken to him. Missouri will not talk to me, I'm not their client. Kentucky has no idea what is going on. I've tried contacting this attorney and he is not returning my calls.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">