• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? texas
My ex-wife has been ( a willing participant and violent herself) in a domestic violence situation. Due to this situation all four children were removed from the home. My child was sent to foster care for about 12 days. I obtained the services of an attorney and she is now with me under a temporary order. The son is w/ GP and other 2 girls w/ other GP's. My ex has completed all the anger managment courses and marriage counselling courses that were required. The timeframe has been about 9 months so far. I was told by CPS that I need to file an intervention to seek equal opportunity in the decision of final placement of my daughter. She has asked her mother that she sign over custody or joint custody but she is not willing on the first but might be agreeable on the joint custody. My question is, how do I find the right motion to file w/ the county clerk? CPS and CASA are willing to recommend to the court that placement be w/ me. This is why I would really rather file the motion myself and let the case stand on its own merits. The mother does not have a lot of contact w/ my daughter anyway. I believe my ex is purely motivated by the chance of big child support to live off of more than taking care of her daughters and son.


Senior Member
I wish Boxcar Bill was her to answer, and she is an attorney in TX. Your best bet is to retain an attorney to make sure your rights are protected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential