• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mommytoro

What is the name of your state? Florida
My husband and I have been married for 3 years. I am a U.S. citizen, and am filing for divorce as well as I have once again had to obtain a restraining order against him.
My question is, If I am not present at the interview will he be granted his permanent residency?
I have prepared my letter to withdraw from the !-130, but I am going on Friday to file for divorce. His attorney has our income tax papers, birth certificate of the child and I am concerned if they can go through with the interview without my presence.
Please can some one give me some info?

O

ogwhit

It's my understanding that you BOTH must be present , I couldn't do anything without my husband. When I removed the conditional basis though , it was different. We just had a baby , he couldn't take anymore time off from work and I went alone to the interview, I explained why he wasn't there and all they wanted to see was the baby's birth certificate with his name as the father's name. I had no problems at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">