• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intolerable work environment caused by co-worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlynn1971

What is the name of your state?I live in Ohio. One of my co-workers is causing my workplace to be hostile. This has been on going for quite a while now and all of her hostility is directed only towards me. Rude remarks, comments, totally ignoring me like I'm not even in the room, talking "around" me to other co-workers (one of which has become her "buddy" so now they are both treating me this way) and talking about me practically right in front of me. She has been deliberately giving me false information so I make mistakes while trying to do my job and then points out every error I make to others. This has been going on for quite a while now. I have made my employer aware of all of this and he has done nothing about it. The situation is so bad that I am being "forced" to resign due to the mental stress and anguish I have to go through every day. I need to know if I have some legal recourse because I am being forced to give up my job. Please help.

Beth3

Unless she's treating you this way because of your gender/race/religion/national origin/etc. (which I presume you would have mentioned if that were the case), then this does not constitute a hostile work environment. It may be a lousy work environment but that's not the same things.

Your options are:

1. Tolerate it.
2. Quit.
3. Drain the brake fluid from her car.

(Okay, just kidding about that last one.)

What you describe makes for a miserable work environment but it's not illegal for a co-worker to be a world class jerk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">