• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of privacy: Hi-jacking of e-mails.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pro per

What is the name of your state? TX

Is there is a case? What to do?

Situation: My Ex-landlord apparently hijacks my yahoo e-mail account. I would not know that but his son somehow showed multiple e-mails form my account. Whatever that Man considers weird, private or whatever - he sends it FROM MY ACCOUNT to his son and to one of the friends of his.
There is nothing criminal in letters: letters to/from my wife, some financial stuff, registration/receipts from incl. adult web-sites. Looks like that Man is kinda pervert.

The Son of the Ex-landlord has agreed to be direct witness as well as other friend of his. Seems that copies of those e-mails are going to be proof of burden (since it indicates his IP address: I havent been to that house for half a year). Sure that guys peeks on my e-mails of bad faith

Sure it must stop.

What I think is:
4th Amednment (unreasonable search), 14th Amendment (private liberties and my right to pursue happiness) are violated.

But what do TX statutes say about invasion of privacy?

Is 18 USC 2510, et seq ECPA'1986 applicable?

How to bring it to court?

pojo2

One must ask why you did not change your email passwords so no one could access them?

Might be a question a Judge or other official might like answered too.

BelizeBreeze

what the hell is this crap? This is a civil matter. And posting such trying to sound like you know what you're talking about only makes those who WOULD give you legitimate advice think since you can do that, you can provide your own representation. :rolleyes:

Pro per

Sorry

Password I have been changing password regularly. I don't know what is his technique of hi-jacking. It's not my problem. You see, I'm just sick of the pervert who keeps get turned on or whatever by reading or controling somebody's inbox and sent folders.

Thank you guys

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">