• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I"m not sure if I should post here or internet law but thought I'd try here.

I became friends with someone on the net and joined a home business through her. Everything is done electronically now but at the time everything went to the enroller and they sent it in to the company. This included address, name and phone number but most imporantly social security number.

In recent months the person that enrolled me has had a falling out with several other 'friends'. On another message board my SS#, name, phone number and address as well as a picture of me were displayed. Granted they weren't ALL together however separately and put together ALL my information was there. The admins of the board deleted the information when they became aware. The enroller says she did not post it(she was a poster on the board). She's the only person to have that information which means either she DID post it or she gave it to someone else(I have my idea on that) to post.

I have contacted the company and awaiting a response as of now. I want to know what else can be done about this. There is even more personal information that she has that could result in idenity theft for one. Whom else should I report this to?

JETX

As long as the information was not used for an illegal act (credit fraud, identity theft, etc.) there is nothing illegal about 'publishing' that information itself as long as it was not gained illegally.

"There is even more personal information that she has that could result in idenity theft for one."
*** Until that (or another) criminal act occurs, there is nothing you can do about the fact that YOU gave your information to someone else and they have abused access.

"Whom else should I report this to?"
*** You were correct in getting it removed from the website and the only other action you should (and can) take is to contact the three CRA's (Credit Reporting Agencies) and put a 'Credit Fraud" in your file.

F

Fuwad

yeah n the mean time try to find that girl n rip her a new @sshole

F

Fuwad

ehhh wrong an ACCUSED criminal sexual abuser, innocent till proven guilty wit out a shadow of a doubt, but than again what does Jetx know bout law

JETX

This is from FUWAD's own post:
"this is the only crime ive ever commited and is a class a misdemeanor of sexual abuse when i was 17 i screwd around wit a girl who told me she was 16 well turns out she was 13"
He admits to committing this crime!!
Pretty much all that is needed to say proving my statement, huh??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">