• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Case in point: I've had friends post pics of their newly-acquired driver's license on FB -- nothing redacted out. Other friends have all their relatives "claimed" so I can easily figure out Mom's maiden name, where they went to elementary school, and even the make of their first car. And don't forget those folks who post all about their vacation plans whilst sitting at the airport.
Facebook and YouTube are both problematic. I honestly can't figure out why people think it smart to post so much about themselves (and others) online.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Facebook and YouTube are both problematic. I honestly can't figure out why people think it smart to post so much about themselves (and others) online.
A lot of people apparently can't resist telling everyone else about the details of their lives. Perhaps it gives them a sense of importance; the feeling that others care about everything they do. But frankly I've never been one that wants others (beyond a very few friends and relatives, and I can tell them in a phone call rather than social media) to know every detail of my life. I don't know how celebrities stand that kind of intense interest. (Well, the money helps, I'm sure, but still....)

quincy

A lot of people apparently can't resist telling everyone else about the details of their lives. Perhaps it gives them a sense of importance; the feeling that others care about everything they do. But frankly I've never been one that wants others (beyond a very few friends and relatives, and I can tell them in a phone call rather than social media) to know every detail of my life. I don't know how celebrities stand that kind of intense interest. (Well, the money helps, I'm sure, but still....)
Oh. I can understand WHY many people post so much about their lives online. I just can't figure out why they think it SMART to do so. Haha. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">