• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

techead35

I wrote a love letter on my home computer to a friend. I wrote it to help me deal with how I felt about her. I never wanted her to see it. I did not chose to give it to her. She was using my computer to do some billing for my boss. I had told her to onlyuse Quick Books and to stay away from everything else. Her and my boss went through my computer supposedly looking for some type of database that I had told her did not exist on my computer. She printed the letter and showed it to her boyfriend, my cousin. My boss told everyone at work about it. Now everyone at work thinks I am a pervert because I love her. They stole my private thoughts and made them public to everyone I know. I want to know if what they did was illegal. My boss has also tried to get me to quit by telling one of the guys I work with that if he didn't stsy away from me at work I was going to quit. This man threatened me. I asked my bosss to do something about it and all he did was stand there. What can I do about that as well. They have stole my private thoughts and slandered my name and he has had an employee assault me. What are my options here?

L

Lguidance

Well, you may have a case for public disclosure of a private fact. But since you allowed them to use your computer, you may have assumed the risk of discovery. Have you tried freeadvice Live? to ask your question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">