• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Investor's/Shareholder's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dimension

Greetings,
I am shareholder in a stock (let's call it X). this stock licenses their software to various other companies.
last earnings period, X announced they had discontinued the licensing agreement w/ 14 "problem licensees". I inquired at X's Investor Relations department for the names of these discontinued licensees and their Ceo/President.
The response i recieved stated:
"These companies are private and there are confidentiality agreements that
make it illegal to disclose the individuals behind each licensee".

my question is, as a shareholder, do i not have a right to know the names and the head of these companies? I suspect X is hiding something with regards to these 14 companies..that is why i am interested...i believe the 14 companies were "dummy companies" used to redirect monies back to X and at the same time make it seem as though X had a large licensee base...

thanks much for ur assistance

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You have a right to inspect corporate records to protect your assets/interest in the company.

If you suspect foulplay, then you need to bring forth an investigation/lawsuit, based on your shareholder's right.

Find a corporate law attorney in your state to help you...perhaps all you may need is a letter of direction from him. Sometimes big guys come around when the little guys bring in lawyers.

D

Dimension

thankyou for the response.
i am not interested in bringing a lawsuit, as i have vested interest in the company...but would like to know if their is a way in which i can force the company to reveal this sort of information...

would you be interested or know anyone who could perhaps write a letter to the company regarding this? :)

thanks much

L

lawrat

May I suggest hiring a corporate attorney? Try attorneypages.com. A letter might do this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">