• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Iowa-evidence for court tomorrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Friesmama1013

I had my evidentiary hearing with my husband and his attorney yesterday. I gave them the exhibits that I had, but I was having issues with my printer and could not print off everything before the meeting. Am I still allowed to submit exhibits to be proposed as long as it is before court tomorrow morning? I had to treat my daughters hair last night for fleas, and this is the third visit in a row that she has come home from and I have had to treat her hair for fleas. These are not lice, and I know that they are coming from his dogs because he has never taken them to the vet. I took pictures and a video of what I was removing from her head and would like to use this as evidence tomorrow, but I am not sure if it is allowed now or not?

Just Blue

I had my evidentiary hearing with my husband and his attorney yesterday. I gave them the exhibits that I had, but I was having issues with my printer and could not print off everything before the meeting. Am I still allowed to submit exhibits to be proposed as long as it is before court tomorrow morning? I had to treat my daughters hair last night for fleas, and this is the third visit in a row that she has come home from and I have had to treat her hair for fleas. These are not lice, and I know that they are coming from his dogs because he has never taken them to the vet. I took pictures and a video of what I was removing from her head and would like to use this as evidence tomorrow, but I am not sure if it is allowed now or not?
What state? What do you mean you "treated" your daughters hair for fleas? In what way are you "treating" her hair?

commentator

What are you presenting, asking for, trying to accomplish in this court hearing? Change of custody, change in visitation? It seems pretty rare to have fleas get only in a child's hair in a way that would mimic or could be mistaken for head lice, we don't really understand. Is the child covered with flea bites on the rest of their body? What age is this child?

Friesmama1013

What state? What do you mean you "treated" your daughters hair for fleas? In what way are you "treating" her hair?
I should clarify....I did not use any treatment other than dawn dish soap to wash her hair and suffocate the fleas, and then I also used baking soda and water paste to cover her head in order to alleviate the itching she was having.

Friesmama1013

What are you presenting, asking for, trying to accomplish in this court hearing? Change of custody, change in visitation? It seems pretty rare to have fleas get only in a child's hair in a way that would mimic or could be mistaken for head lice, we don't really understand. Is the child covered with flea bites on the rest of their body? What age is this child?
This is our divorce hearing tomorrow. Evidence was turned over to husbands attorney yesterday and fleas were erradicated last night. This is not the first time that she has gotten fleas from his dogs. Some people are more susceptible to fleas and flea bites, and fleas are no longer considered house pet only parasites. Fleas live in areas covered in hair in order to protect themselves and build nests, so they would not leave this area once they arrived to bite other parts of the body. I am 100% sure that they are fleas and not lice. She is 6 years old. If these were lice there is 100% chance that at least one of her other 5 siblings would have them and no one, including the adults, has any sign of itching or bugs.

PayrollHRGuy

You have still not answered the questions that have been asked. What is the evidence and what do you hope to prove with it? And what is the goal of the hearing?

Friesmama1013

You have still not answered the questions that have been asked. What is the evidence and what do you hope to prove with it? And what is the goal of the hearing?
Evidence? I have photographs of the fleas in her hair, along with a video taken while I spent hours removing the bugs. I informed him the last 2 times that she had fleas when she came home from there and that I had to spend hours removing the bugs and treating her irritation on her head and neck. She came home with the worst infestation yet. I would like to let the judge see that he takes no action to fix a problem that is detrimental to our child's health. This is our divorce hearing. Custody is the only thing we have left to argue. I was granted temporary physical custody. This hearing will determine permanent physical custody.

Just Blue

This is our divorce hearing tomorrow. Evidence was turned over to husbands attorney yesterday and fleas were erradicated last night. This is not the first time that she has gotten fleas from his dogs. Some people are more susceptible to fleas and flea bites, and fleas are no longer considered house pet only parasites. Fleas live in areas covered in hair in order to protect themselves and build nests, so they would not leave this area once they arrived to bite other parts of the body. I am 100% sure that they are fleas and not lice. She is 6 years old. If these were lice there is 100% chance that at least one of her other 5 siblings would have them and no one, including the adults, has any sign of itching or bugs.
Wow...I have never, in my 54 years, heard of this. How horrible for your daughter.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Some people are more sensitive than others to flea bites. Perhaps your STBX is just clueless because he's not allergic to flea saliva.

Perhaps you should take your daughter to the doctor - both to document the problem, determine if there's some more relief, and whether there are any other health risks you need to be aware of.

Being allergic to flea bites is not fun.

commentator

Please et us know how the hearing goes, what sort of custody arrangements are in place here, what modifications are put in place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">