• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

irratated about wifes ex.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedcam

What is the name of your state? wisc.

hey all, i'm kinda confused on what to do about the situation my wife are in with her ex. within the past 6 months we have had the police over 3-4 times concerning him for anything from him walking into my house to threatening his kids. this past thursday he threatened both my wife and me with death threats. the police said it wasn't very "high risk" and said there wasn't much they could do. i called his probation officer and told her, she through him in jail. he got out yesterday, the kids don't want to go to his house or even his parents house but yet we tere told if we don't make them go we can be held in contempt. isn't something that has been thought through and planned differently for each pe4rson " premeditated"? and should the police have done some thing more than just trying to call him? and lastly, what can we do about him telling the kids how he is "going to harm their mother or me"? i flat out feel he is a dead beat and should not be around his kids at all for other reasons that i am not sure i can post on here. thanks for any advice.

VeronicaGia

If the court order isn't followed, he could file a contempt action against your wife. Your wife is the one who needs to take care of this. She can file for a change in visitation due to the circumstances, but she'd better have proof to have a judge even consider a change. If she does have proof, she can ask for supervised visits at a public location, and if she's truly in fear of him, she can file a restraining order.

speedcam

IRRATATED.....

ok but then here's the problem we've faced. we were told to file contempt charges by the courts so we got the paperwork from them. but the papers involve us getting all his financial statements, first off. how are we supposed to get those? secondly he just quit( supposedly) his job but i know for a fact he's working two different ones. but he's getting cash and therefore has no paper trail to follow for all the med. bills and insurance he owes her for the past year and a few months. now we showed the paperwork to our attorney and he told us not to even mess with it and to just tell the courts "he's in contempt and that you want him charged." so we talked to a judge we know ( a friend of her mom's) and he said we have to fill the paperwork out. just seems like we are getting the run around from everyone. but thanks for the input.

VeronicaGia

Re: IRRATATED.....

speedcam said:
ok but then here's the problem we've faced. we were told to file contempt charges by the courts so we got the paperwork from them. but the papers involve us getting all his financial statements, first off. how are we supposed to get those? secondly he just quit( supposedly) his job but i know for a fact he's working two different ones. but he's getting cash and therefore has no paper trail to follow for all the med. bills and insurance he owes her for the past year and a few months. now we showed the paperwork to our attorney and he told us not to even mess with it and to just tell the courts "he's in contempt and that you want him charged." so we talked to a judge we know ( a friend of her mom's) and he said we have to fill the paperwork out. just seems like we are getting the run around from everyone. but thanks for the input.
Fill out the paperwork, make sure it's properly served to him (they can help you with the paperwork, filing it and they will likely serve it). It's his problem to get them the financial info they demand.

JETX

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
C C Colton.

Well, they say that the weak often try to imitate their masters, usually in an attempt to hide their own shortcomings. And it looks like another fan has taken to try to imitate me on the forum.

He is using the name JEXT.

Enjoy it while you can.... your time is short.
:D :D

speedcam

hmmmmmmmmmm........ (thinks) nope to easy. i think he should at least take responsibility for his actions in making the babies. i have for the past 6 yrs and i only got marries 2 months ago.
thanks for the thoughts though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">