• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS Installment Agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PilotDoc

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi, how many times can you apply and use installment agreements to pay Federal taxes? I am in a current installment agreement for my 2017 taxes right now that I just paid off in full today.

For my next set of taxes due in a few weeks for 2018 (I went into an extension and the deadline is in a few weeks), I foresee needing to go into another installment agreement for a short period of time.

Does the IRS set a limit on how many times you use the installment agreement option to make monthly tax payments? I am hoping they won't disapprove me for an application to apply for a second installment agreement plan.

Thank you in advance for any information.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi, how many times can you apply and use installment agreements to pay Federal taxes? I am in a current installment agreement for my 2017 taxes right now that I just paid off in full today.

For my next set of taxes due in a few weeks for 2018 (I went into an extension and the deadline is in a few weeks), I foresee needing to go into another installment agreement for a short period of time.

Does the IRS set a limit on how many times you use the installment agreement option to make monthly tax payments? I am hoping they won't disapprove me for an application to apply for a second installment agreement plan.

Thank you in advance for any information.
No, the IRS does not limit the number of times that you use an installment agreement. However, they do not particularly like to see installment agreements on top of installment agreements so its good that you have already paid the other one off.

You do realize that an extension is only an extension to file, it is not an extension to pay? You won't get the failure to file penalty because you filed the extension, but you will still get the failure to pay penalty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">