• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Anybody Listening

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chirico

What is the name of your state? NY

I WORK FOR A NON FOR PROFIT ORANAZATION. I HAVE A SUPERVISOR THAT HARASS ME ON A CONSTANT BASIS. IN OUR OFFICE WE HAVE 2 BLACK WOMEN, 2 HISPANIC AND 2 WHITE WOMEN. MY SUPERVISOR IS WHITE. SHE IS A LIAR AND A MANLIPULATER. SHE SHOWS FAVORITISM TO MY OTHER 3 CO-WORKERS. i WILL GIVE YOU A FEW EXAMPLES:

2 OF MY CO-WOKERS HAVE USED ALL OF THIER TIME OFF, AND THE YEAR IS NOT OVER YET. THERE WAS NOTHING SAID ABOUT THE TIME ABUSE. THEY CONSTANTLY COME IN LATE AND NOTHING IS SAID.

i CAME IN LATE 1 DAY AND SHE CALLED ME IN HER OFFICE FOR BEING 5 MINS LATE. I CALLED HER AT THE OFFICE AND LEFT A MESSAGE ON HER VOICE MAIL BUT SHE SAID THAT I SHOULD HAVE GOT HER ON HER CELL PHONE.

IN OUR DEPARTMENT WE ALL USE A SERVER PRINTER. SHE FOUND A PRINTED PAGE FROM THE INTERNET (A BIKINI BOTTOM). SHE STORMED IN TO MY AREA AND ASKED WHO PRINTED THIS. ME AND MY OTHER COWORKER REPLIED NOT ME. AS SOON AS SHE TURNED TO WALK AWAY SHE WAS FACE TO FACE WITH ANOTHER COWORKER AND CRUMBLED THE PAPER AND THREW IT IN THE TRASH AND DIDNT SAY ANYTHING TO HER.

A MEMO WAS HANDED OUT TO EVERYONE IN MY DEPARTMENT ABOUT INTERNET USEAGE.bUT OF COURSE MY 2 OTHER CO WORKERS STAY ON CONSTANTLY. CHECKING EMAILS, PAYING BILLS, AND SHOPPING

SHE FINALLY REQUESTED SOMETING FROM THE I T ADMIN AND HE TOLD HER THAT HER STAFF STAYS IN THE INTERNET. SO HE GAVE HER ALL OF OUR PASSWORDS TO OUR COMPUTER. WHEN WE ALL CAME IN WE NOTICED THAT OUR COMPUTERS WERE ON. SHE TOLD MY CO-WORKER (THE ONE THAT PAYS HER BILLS,SHOP. ETC) THAT SHE IS DOING A GOOD JOB AND SHE HASNT BEEN USING THE INTERNET. LATER THAT DAY MY SUPERVISOR CALL ME INTO HER OFFICE FOR A SIT DOWN. SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE HAS OUR PASSWORDS (TO HUMOR ME SHE TOLD ME WHAT IT WAS :)). SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE FOUND OUT THAT I WAS ON THE INTERNET. i ASKED HER WHAT DID SHE FIND AND SHE REPLIED SHE FOUND OUT THAT I WAS DOWNLOADING MUSIC. I HAVE NEVER DOWNLOADED MUSIC ON THE INTERNET AND THAT IS WHAT I TOLD HER. SHET HEN SAID WELL....... DONT GET ON IT AGAIN. SHE ALSO HARRASSED MY OTHER COWORKER (SHE HAPPENS TO LOOK JUST LIKE ME) ABOUT THE COMPUTER.

WHEN MY INTERNET SAVY COWORKER CAME IN FROM LUNCH (LATE MAY I ADD) SHE STOPED HER IN THE HALLWAY AND TOLD HER DONT GET BACK ON THE INTERNET.

AS FOR THOSE SITUATIONS I WAS MORE ANNOYED THAN ANY THING BUT THIS FINAL STORY TAKES THE CAKE. YESTERDAY WAS THE FIRST DAY OF MY SUPERVISORS VACATION. I WAS SO AT REST BECAUSE DURING THE WEEK WHILE SHE IS THERE I GET HEADACHES. WELL GUESS WHAT. SHE WALKED IN THE OFFICE. WHEN SHE WAS ASKED BY THE GM WHY WAS SHE HERE SHE THEN TOLD THEM THAT SHE WAS HERE TO PROTECT MY CO WORKER (THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE HER) BECAUSE SHE FEELS UNCOMFORTABLE AROUND ME AND ANOTHER COWORKER (THE CO WORKER LOOKS JUST LIKE ME). THE GM ASKED THE COWORKER THAT FELT INTIMIDATED IF THAT STATEMENT WAS TRUE AND SHE STATED NO IT WASNT. NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT NOBODY DIDNT ASKED ANY QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING. HAS SHE REALLY DROVE ME CRAZY AND THIS JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE NORM IN A SMALL OFFICE OR AM I BEING HARRASSED OR RACIALLY PROFILED?

pattytx

This is not my area of expertise, so I'm not going to respond to the specifics in this post. Be patient. This board is staffed by volunteers and it's the middle of the night, after all. And please, turn your caps lock off. Typing in all capitals makes your post very hard to read and is considered shouting on the Internet.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What you describe does not consitute illegal harassment unless you have a valid reason to believe that you are being singled out BECAUSE OF your race. The fact that you are of a different race from your supervisor is not enough. How are the other employees of other races than she treated?

chirico

Thanks for the advice :). I dont mean to shout, but the caps expressed the way i felt. As for my other co-workers (the others that dont look the same as myself) are repermanded, but in a friendly way. They get a slap in the wrist while my other co-worker and I get punched in the face. My issue is harrasment to discredit and slander ones name in the workplace. Isn't it a serious matter to tell the BIG BOSSES that someone is afraid to come to work because of other co-workers and come to find out that it was a lie??? I didnt mention the fact that this has been going on since Jan 2005. My supervisor is on vacation and I was still thinking if she was ploting while she is at home. I then begain to cry. I cried all day long today. I used to be able to talk to the GM about any issues that I had, but a gag order was issued by my HR Director and supervisor. (i used to work for the GM, but decided to go to her department for more pay) The GM and I have a very good relationship. I try to avoid him in the hall because i want her harassment to stop. She told the GM my co-worker was afraid to be alone with us. She told a Bold Face Lie. Im hoping that the harrasment ends soon or she gets repermaned for lying. Because she is going to drive me nuts!!!! I have an appointment with a head doctor on Tues. It is so bad ive been having nightmares about her.

As for the Board Members she has the board president eating out of her ***. Everyone of the BIG BOSSES cant stand her because they know how she is. There isnt much that the BIG BOSSES can do because of the board president.
Can I sue?? Is it worth it??? Am i having a nervious breakdown??

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My answer does not change. Unless you have a valid reason to believe that you are being singled out BECAUSE OF your race, gender or other protected characteristic, you do not have any legal recourse.

I am not unsympathetic. I've had bosses like that. But it is not illegal to be a jerk.

pojo2

Before suing or anything else, I do not think you have a case, lose the melodrama and be precise and stick to the point exactly and in as few words as possible.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Dust off the resume. I don't know why your employers are not dealing with this person, but since they aren't and since she is not doing anything illegal, it may be that the only thing they will understand is when good employees 'vote with their feet' and take a walk to new employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">