• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When I'm on my own time and not at work (I took a vacation day today) I will generally have open at any given time my gmail; two windows of FA (one for current posts and one playing around looking for things to go in the Stupid Archives); one window of thelaw.com; one window of Sporcle; one of Facebook. Maybe occasionally some others but these are my standard "play" sites.

Recently I have been finding that after they've been open a while, the FA windows will start to load very, very slowly. If I close them and reopen them, that will fix it for a while, but later the whole thing will start over again.

In anticipation of the standard, "clear your cache" response I have done so as recently as 18 hours ago. Doesn't change anything.

This is happening ONLY on FA. It is not happening on any other site, no matter how many windows I may have open. There was a point at which I was having two thelaw.com windows open as well; it did not happen there.

I am working on a Dell Latitude 7280. My browser is Chrome and it is up to date. Operating System Windows 10 Pro.

quincy

When I'm on my own time and not at work (I took a vacation day today) I will generally have open at any given time my gmail; two windows of FA (one for current posts and one playing around looking for things to go in the Stupid Archives); one window of thelaw.com; one window of Sporcle; one of Facebook. Maybe occasionally some others but these are my standard "play" sites.

Recently I have been finding that after they've been open a while, the FA windows will start to load very, very slowly. If I close them and reopen them, that will fix it for a while, but later the whole thing will start over again.

In anticipation of the standard, "clear your cache" response I have done so as recently as 18 hours ago. Doesn't change anything.

This is happening ONLY on FA. It is not happening on any other site, no matter how many windows I may have open. There was a point at which I was having two thelaw.com windows open as well; it did not happen there.

I am working on a Dell Latitude 7280. My browser is Chrome and it is up to date. Operating System Windows 10 Pro.
Yes. I have the same problem on FA.

adjusterjack

I don't have that problem with FA. But I do have it with a game site that is a resource hog.

Right click on the task bar and open Task Manager.

Look at Processes and see how much memory your apps and processes are using.

Also, clearing cache is not enough. Use C Cleaner and then restart your computer.

Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!

I have to do that every couple of months.

Make sure all your browser windows are closed.

And read these articles about Chrome being a resource hog.

is chrome a resource hog at DuckDuckGo

If you have any other issues, bleepingcomputer.com is very helpful.

Just Blue

Me too.

Isn't it interesting that when we are having IT issues, it makes us feel better to know that others are as well? :giggle:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I keep FA, FB, and gmail running continuously on my Chromebook. Haven't had any problem.

From an IT Professional - a website can be affected by poorly written code, improper cache clearing by the website, etc.. What happens if you try a different browser? Have you tried a "harder" clear of the cache by going to the Advanced Tab (or the equivalent for your browser) and clearing more elements? Have you tried deleting your temp browser files?

quincy

From an IT Professional - a website can be affected by poorly written code, improper cache clearing by the website, etc.. What happens if you try a different browser? Have you tried a "harder" clear of the cache by going to the Advanced Tab (or the equivalent for your browser) and clearing more elements? Have you tried deleting your temp browser files?
I have done all that. Doesn’t help. :confused:

Your description reads like a dirty session, and the issue is resolved when the Free Advice server finally releases the session and sees your next login as a new session. Do you have the ability to force a new IP address? If you, you could try logging out of Free Advice (not just closing the window/tab) force an IP change, and log in again. That *might* convince the server to start a new session.

quincy

Your description reads like a dirty session, and the issue is resolved when the Free Advice server finally releases the session and sees your next login as a new session. Do you have the ability to force a new IP address? If you, you could try logging out of Free Advice (not just closing the window/tab) force an IP change, and log in again. That *might* convince the server to start a new session.
Logging in and out and in again has helped in the past … but I don’t know why that should be necessary on this forum. And it only works for awhile. Then the stall or slow loading starts again. There should be a better solution, I would think, than frequent log ins.

Logging in and out and in again has helped in the past … but I don’t know why that should be necessary on this forum. There should be a better solution, I would think.
As annoying as the at sounds, that is good news, that the bad session can be cleared without resorting to more extreme measures of having to completely wipe your cache, reboot, etc. The real fix requires someone to fix the code on the server.

Reactions: cbg

quincy

As annoying as the at sounds, that is good news, that the bad session can be cleared without resorting to more extreme measures of having to completely wipe your cache, reboot, etc. The real fix requires someone to fix the code on the server.
So … we must remain annoyed and be happy about it, huh? Haha. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">