• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is blocking inside same as blocking at front door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sefnfot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Is blocking inside same as blocking at front door

Do the following constitute a denial of Entry under Los Angeles, California housing law?

Notice to enter given for an entry to unit: For purpose of Code Compliance Inspection.
Landlord Enters Unit ( tenant doesn't block entry )
During the inspection LL notices a problem ( Combustible items left too close to the heater/fireplace)
LL tries to take a photo.
A) Tenant stands up and walks in front of LL and blocks LL so that LL cannot take a photo.
B) Tenant stand in front of hallway and blocks LL entry to the kitchen
C) Tenant starts badgering LL with insults or indignities that prevents you from being able to conduct the purpose of the entry.

My apartment association lawyer seems to claim that since I was inside the unit then all these 3 actions conducted by the tenant do not fall under the category of denial of entry.
While I disagree; I consider any activity or behavior that stops a Landlord from going on with the entry as was notified in the 24 hour notice as an act that violates Landlord right of entry.

D) what if the tenant had an unsecured pitbull . Can the tenant claim that he didn't prevent the LL from entering; go right ahead and enter...

What do you think?

Dave1952

You're going about this wrong. Do not ask your lawyer if entry was denied. Ask your lawyer how you can deal with such a tenant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">