• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is bugging someone for money they owe you harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
Can I have a harassment charge against me if I keep bugging a person who owes me money? They threatened me saying they will bring harassment charges against me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Can I have a harassment charge against me if I keep bugging a person who owes me money? They threatened me saying they will bring harassment charges against me.
Put up or shut up. In other words, sue the person or move on.

Just Blue

Perhaps, maybe. Please clarify "keep bugging" and how much this person owes you.

latigo

Yes. . . .
Would you please care to provide a citation of authority from any state or the federal system that provides legal means to a debtor to restrain and/or allows judicial relief from being dunned/pestered/harassed/nagged/pressed by his or her "individual" creditor? An "individual" creditor as opposed to a third party collector.

Or that any such activity not in breach of the peace constitutes an actionable tort or crime?

But please don't overly tax your self-proclaimed "legal expertise".

Proserpina

Would you please care to provide a citation of authority from any state or the federal system that provides legal means to a debtor to restrain and/or allows judicial relief from being dunned/pestered/harassed/nagged/pressed by his or her "individual" creditor? An "individual" creditor as opposed to a third party collector.

Or that any such activity not in breach of the peace constitutes an actionable tort or crime?

But please don't overly tax your self-proclaimed "legal expertise".
Allow me, my dear, to give you a Basic Reading Comprehension 101 primer.

The question posed was:

"Can I have a harassment charge against me if I keep bugging a person who owes me money? "

My response:

"Yes".

Now. With all of your self-professed "legal expertise", perhaps you can educate the rest of us as to which part of my response was inaccurate?

We'll wait.

TigerD

For the OP: Laugh hysterically. Then tell him to grab his checkbook to make you go away.

TD

Seems like an easy money scam. Ask 100 people to borrow $100 and when they start asking for their money just tell them you're gonna bring harassment charges against them. Easiest !0 grand ever made.

Just Blue

seems like an easy money scam. Ask 100 people to borrow $100 and when they start asking for their money just tell them you're gonna bring harassment charges against them. Easiest !0 grand ever made.
q4p******************************************....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">