• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is contract null and void?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kreeativ

I am writing from Rhode Island. Here is my question. I recently joined a mortgage company to become a loan officer. In order to join I had to sign up with a credit card in the amount of $130. It says on the website that I joined on that there are no refunds. However, it also says in the next paragraph that the card used must have the same name and address of the person joining. I did not notice this when I joined and put the card number and name in. The name on the card is my boyfriend's name and, of course, does not match my name. I decided not to join the company after all and they told me I can not get a refund for the $130. Since the name on the card was not mine, wouldn't that make the whole thing null and void? This company has not tried to help me in any way. I would appreciate any help from anyone at this time. Thanks!! - Kreeativ

BelizeBreeze

Kreeativ said:
I am writing from Rhode Island. Here is my question. I recently joined a mortgage company to become a loan officer. In order to join I had to sign up with a credit card in the amount of $130. It says on the website that I joined on that there are no refunds. However, it also says in the next paragraph that the card used must have the same name and address of the person joining. I did not notice this when I joined and put the card number and name in. The name on the card is my boyfriend's name and, of course, does not match my name. I decided not to join the company after all and they told me I can not get a refund for the $130. Since the name on the card was not mine, wouldn't that make the whole thing null and void? This company has not tried to help me in any way. I would appreciate any help from anyone at this time. Thanks!! - Kreeativ
Of course you can. The minute you admit you committed credit card fraud :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">