• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is entering fake billing info illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm glad this was resolved. From the first post, my gut response was "It depends on why." For example, I buy company items on my personal Amazon account. I use the bosses' credit card. The billing info doesn't match "my" info, but it's perfectly legal.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And these are the types of morons making it so that we all who are rational and sane want LICENSES for anyone purchasing a firearm and then reselling. Because Emek should go to prison for this stupidity. There is a reason why.. Maybe Emek can't OWN firearms... and buying through a loophole and then trying to profit... Still criminal. Why all firearm sales should be through LICENSED dealers and NOT private sales. And private sales should be outlawed.

quincy

I'm glad this was resolved. From the first post, my gut response was "It depends on why." For example, I buy company items on my personal Amazon account. I use the bosses' credit card. The billing info doesn't match "my" info, but it's perfectly legal.
The information you are providing can be verified, though. You are not providing “fake” information nor are you trying to circumvent laws (I assume ;)).

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's also legal for me to buy my husband's birthday gift on Amazon with my credit card but have it delivered to my best friend's house so he won't see it. But it could be illegal for you to be sending things to someone with intent to harass them.

quincy

Trying to stay anonymous when using your credit card is pretty much doomed to failure.

If you want to keep your personal information private when making a purchase, you should arrange a face-to-face meeting to purchase the item and pay in cash.

Of course, if you are trying to buy a gun through anything but legal channels, your meeting will probably have to be set up with an unsavory sort, your cash will be at risk of being stolen, and you are at risk of being hurt, killed or arrested.

Last edited:

bcr229

(Privacy)

If i buy an ak-47 and provide your information in the billing info bit using my payment info(for privacy purposes ofcourse) and send it to your home does that cause any legal trouble?

Ofcourse later i come and get my ak47 back.
If you ship it to my home you'd have to fill out the 4473 and I would call NICS. If the FBI tells me that I can proceed with the sale then you can have the rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">