• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is excessive exercise abuse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

I am quite sure that the grandmother had no idea that making the child run like that could actually kill the child. Just like the parent doing it in this thread probably has no idea either. It just really disturbs me and even more so because the parent said "I can't hurt them, but they can hurt themselves".
No. You really don't know anything of the sort.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you for posting that. Its the most comprehensive story I have read on the case. What grandma did was pretty horrific, but unfortunately, I can see a parent being equally horrific if they are on the edge of being abusers and have been told that they could not hit their children.
And yet you made excuses in this thread. Excessive exercise is abuse. End of story.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Thank you for posting that. Its the most comprehensive story I have read on the case. What grandma did was pretty horrific, but unfortunately, I can see a parent being equally horrific if they are on the edge of being abusers and have been told that they could not hit their children.
Spanking is still allowed in Alabama. I think that it is still allowed in schools, if the parents agree.

FarmerJ

what does a family practice doctor or a doctor who specializes in children's medical issues have to say ? if that hasn't been arranged then perhaps it should be

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
what does a family practice doctor or a doctor who specializes in children's medical issues have to say ? if that hasn't been arranged then perhaps it should be
Best if the children's actual doctor provides such input. IMO...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">