• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is fence mine or the landlords

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tigerdaddy353

My wife and I are planning to move and have informed the landlord.While living here we put up a splitrail and privacy fence that cost us around $1000.00 with the landlords permission.Now the landlord says we have to leave the fence or she will sue us.We told her that if she wanted to reemburse us for the cost I would be glad to leave it but she said we have no choice and she will not pay for it.My question is do I have to leave the fence or is the fence legally mine to do with as I please????Thank you for your time.... We are from North Carolina in case the laws on this differ from state to state...
We plan to refill the holes left by the post and reseed thi will reurn the yard back to it's previous condition if not better..

[Edited by tigerdaddy353 on 12-15-2000 at 12:15 PM]

HomeGuru

If you remove the fence will the land be restored to its original condition?
What about the holes in the ground?

T

tigerdaddy353

answer to homeguru

I plan on filling the holes and reseeding,and yes the property would be back to the condition it previously was in if not better.

HomeGuru

Then you can remove it. Send a letter to L stating that your offer to purchase the fence still stands and if no response by ________date, that you wil remove the fence and restore the ground to its original or better condition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">