• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is forwarding someone elsees mail to my house illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Read post #5.

How to report the change of address is up to those involved. It may be that there is no desire to get the mother in trouble.

justalayman

Read post #5.

How to report the change of address is up to those involved. It may be that there is no desire to get the mother in trouble.
Reporting it as being in error won’t be getting anybody in trouble. It does allow the postal service to cancel the change of address though. Without cancelling it the op will continue to get fils mail until the change of address expires.

Your post 5 simply said to take the mail to the post office. I acknowledged that somebody said to take it to the post office but nothing else I suggested.

And of course: the path of action of any person is up to them. I simply provided what I believe to be prudent suggestions.
Why you would say that to me when you too offered advice is beyond me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Reporting it as being in error won’t be getting anybody in trouble. It does allow the postal service to cancel the change of address though. Without cancelling it the op will continue to get fils mail until the change of address expires.
No, it wouldn't. The mail would still be forwarded. The initiator of the change would have to report the error.

quincy

Some of the many complaints received by the USPS on change of addresses has to do with the difficulty in correcting change of address orders made by someone else (e.g., ne'er do wells).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">