• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is he crazy? he just gave me the advantage for a lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ev5000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

My last thread was about my employer retaliating against my injury. I found out that the regional gm was trying to make me quit by cutting my hours, and keeping me in the warehouse. The jobs or duties that were scheduled to me, were given to someone else or my boss. My boss has been covering up my job duties, and hes doing things that is not required for his position. My boss is pissed at the regional gm, and hes been telling me whats really going on. So I sent a complaint letter to the company president about my issue with the regional gm, and the president was pissed because he was not informed of what was going on. The president and the regional gm got into a verbal argument because the president was trying to keep me, whilst the regional gm was trying to get rid of me. There was never a chance to remedy and fix my situation. It ended with the HR manager giving me a termination letter THE NEXT DAY i wrote the letter, involuntary lack of business. Wtf? The truth is work is now slow and business sales is not going down. I spoke to my boss and the HR manager and they said they really don't think its a good reason for a lay off, and ive only got 1 warning letter. They both apologized to me and said "we were just doing what we were told to do, I don't want to lose my job".

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

My last thread was about my employer retaliating against my injury. I found out that the regional gm was trying to make me quit by cutting my hours, and keeping me in the warehouse. The jobs or duties that were scheduled to me, were given to someone else or my boss. My boss has been covering up my job duties, and hes doing things that is not required for his position. My boss is pissed at the regional gm, and hes been telling me whats really going on. So I sent a complaint letter to the company president about my issue with the regional gm, and the president was pissed because he was not informed of what was going on. The president and the regional gm got into a verbal argument because the president was trying to keep me, whilst the regional gm was trying to get rid of me. There was never a chance to remedy and fix my situation. It ended with the HR manager giving me a termination letter THE NEXT DAY i wrote the letter, involuntary lack of business. Wtf? The truth is work is now slow and business sales is not going down. I spoke to my boss and the HR manager and they said they really don't think its a good reason for a lay off, and ive only got 1 warning letter. They both apologized to me and said "we were just doing what we were told to do, I don't want to lose my job".
Does the president of the company know that you received the termination letter?

justalayman

now i havent, i cannot afford one at the moment. my main goal at the moment is to file unemployment.
check around. This is the sort of action that sometimes the law allows for attorney's fees to be paid by the loser or it might be something worth considering taking it on a contingency. At least call a few and talk to them.

btw: you aren't going to be eligible for unemployment if you are medically incapable of accepting work in your normal line of employment.

ev5000

check around. This is the sort of action that sometimes the law allows for attorney's fees to be paid by the loser or it might be something worth considering taking it on a contingency. At least call a few and talk to them.

btw: you aren't going to be eligible for unemployment if you are medically incapable of accepting work in your normal line of employment.
I am eligible for unemployment. The doctors released me from care even though they did not find the problem. They believe ive reached MMI so I was put back into full duty. prior to me writing the complaint letter.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You pissed off the boss by going over his head instead of following the normal "chain of command" so he wants to fire you. I'm not seeing an easy case for retaliation over the workplace injury.

ev5000

You pissed off the boss by going over his head instead of following the normal "chain of command" so he wants to fire you. I'm not seeing an easy case for retaliation over the workplace injury.
My complaint letter contained unfair treatment at work, harassment, unethical business practices and asked for a remedy. I gave them a chance to fix it by sending the complaint to the president. I don't plan on filing a charge for a retaliation against work injury. It will be for wrongful termination. They only gave me 2 pieces of paper, the termination letter which I thought was a joke because it does not state the reasons that lead to the termination. It only says "lack of business". Im will hold them liable for it, I can't even access my own personal file now, they are probably tampering with it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My complaint letter contained unfair treatment at work, harassment, unethical business practices and asked for a remedy. I gave them a chance to fix it by sending the complaint to the president. I don't plan on filing a charge for a retaliation against work injury. It will be for wrongful termination. They only gave me 2 pieces of paper, the termination letter which I thought was a joke because it does not state the reasons that lead to the termination. It only says "lack of business". Im will hold them liable for it, I can't even access my own personal file now, they are probably tampering with it.
What you have described would not be wrongful termination.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What LAW do you think was violated by terming you? That's what it takes for a wrongful term.

If you can identify what you law you believe exists that would be violated by terming you, we can go from there. Either by narrowing in on whether the law in question was violated, or by confirming that there isn't such a law.

tranquility

What LAW do you think was violated by terming you? That's what it takes for a wrongful term.

If you can identify what you law you believe exists that would be violated by terming you, we can go from there. Either by narrowing in on whether the law in question was violated, or by confirming that there isn't such a law.
I did not read any other threads (Which is why I think it better for all questions to be in the same thread.) but, this is where I am too. I read the screed up top and don't quite understand the gift given to the OP. I would love it spelled out for me a bit as well.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think this is another case of the employee thinking he has more rights and protections than he actually does. I'm sure not seeing any "gift" or even a basis for a lawsuit. But maybe the OP can explain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">