• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is he still in contempt of court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am a Fl.mom of 2 teenage boys. Divorced in 1991. He was ordered to pay me $400 per month to cover his half of $30,000.00 debt we had, plus monthly child support. He is $3,000.00 in arrears in support and I am stuck paying the entire debt (he made 1 payment) so cannot afford a lawyer to take him to court about this matter. Do I have a set time frame to take him to court for it and if so, can I get
re-imbursed for the interest I am paying?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential