• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is house community property in this case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

murrak02

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My husband and I have two children and are on the verge of divorce. We are building a new house and we are expecting to close in less than a month. He is going to try and qualify for the house on his own, without using my income or my credit. Will he get the house if I refuse to sign a disclaimer waiving all of my rights to the property? If he is able to get the house on his own, is it still considered community property? What do I do? Please help!!!

murrak02 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

My husband and I have two children and are on the verge of divorce. We are building a new house and we are expecting to close in less than a month. He is going to try and qualify for the house on his own, without using my income or my credit. Will he get the house if I refuse to sign a disclaimer waiving all of my rights to the property? If he is able to get the house on his own, is it still considered community property? What do I do? Please help!!!
Unless you sign a quit claim prior to him closing on the house, the house will also be yours... even if only his name is on everything (mortgage & deed). So yes, he will still get the house and so will you if you refuse to sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">