• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it a valid contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

earlech

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? California

I recently took over a non-profit organization as its interim president. At the first meeting of this organization, I was given an agreement that the past president had with an other organization. The terms were if there was no notice of cancellation of this training activity prior to July 15, 2002 then if cancellation occured after that date there would be a $3,500 fee. This agreement was not known to the organization prior to the time of my taking over the organization which was around July 24, 2002. The agreement is on the vendor's letterhead and does spell out the terms stated above, however, there is no date on the agreement. I think the past president and the vendor had a close working relationship and, I think that this agreement just majically appeared at the time we replaced the old president. Without a date, is this a legal agreement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">