• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it easier to refianance than getting a new home loan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark1210

What is the name of your state? TX

I purchased a home a year ago and it was a mess, bank statements, change in closing date, approved, declined, and then approved. My question is, I was informed of this program called a "Choose your option ARM" which would help me considerbly pay down debt. Is it hard to refinance a home? If I am understanding things correctly, I am essentially getting a new loan and it would require all the same procedures. Seems like they would look at my prior house payment experience and be able to determine I have had no problems and my credit is good (650 FICO).

Also, I am in the middle of selling my car and purchasing a cheaper one, could this jeopardize the refinance?

Thanks

S

seniorjudge

mark1210 said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I purchased a home a year ago and it was a mess, bank statements, change in closing date, approved, declined, and then approved. My question is, I was informed of this program called a "Choose your option ARM" which would help me considerbly pay down debt. Is it hard to refinance a home? If I am understanding things correctly, I am essentially getting a new loan and it would require all the same procedures. Seems like they would look at my prior house payment experience and be able to determine I have had no problems and my credit is good (650 FICO).

Also, I am in the middle of selling my car and purchasing a cheaper one, could this jeopardize the refinance?

Thanks
Q: Is it easier to refianance than getting a new home loan?

A: Same thing. BTW, you are not asking legal questions...you are asking financial questions which you should be discussing with your banker/lender.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">