• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it ethical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AffyMom46

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nj

I think you all misunderstood what I wrote ! The only reason I sent an email to her was because she had been harrassing me so I sent an email asking her to stop. My question was is it legal an ethical for an attorney to call my boss and speak to him about me and pretty much try to get me fired . If you all say that attorneys would not do such a thing than I am pretty sure it was the ex pretending to be an attorney. Thats all I wanted to know. I never said I was in the right for emailing her. I just wanted to know if it is ethical for an attorney to call an employer and try to get you fired

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I think you all misunderstood what I wrote ! The only reason I sent an email to her was because she had been harrassing me so I sent an email asking her to stop. My question was is it legal an ethical for an attorney to call my boss and speak to him about me and pretty much try to get me fired . If you all say that attorneys would not do such a thing than I am pretty sure it was the ex pretending to be an attorney. Thats all I wanted to know. I never said I was in the right for emailing her. I just wanted to know if it is ethical for an attorney to call an employer and try to get you fired
It doesn't matter WHY you wrote an email from work since what matters is that the email was written AT WORK. And yes an attorney can contact your employer. there is no law prohibiting it nor is it unethical. If you ended up fired due to the questions, that is not the attorney's fault.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

So when did your husband find out about your boyfriend? And since you have been disabled for seven years and unable to work because of it, how were you working in 2009?
The boyfriend's ex should have just contacted your husband.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">