• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it illegal for a company to not honor warranty because they changed the service date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Water11

What is the name of your state? California

So I've had an electric toothbrush for 4 years and the warranty is for 4 years theirs a few months left before it expires, the electric toothbrush needs warranty service so I contacted the company. I have the warranty paper and I've sent the company a photo of it but they act like the 4 year warranty never existed and they said that they only do 1 year warranties, they outright refuse to honor the warranty. It's unclear if they changed the date at some point and the company won't give me a reason why they won't honor it, it shouldn't matter they should still honor the warranty because I have the warranty paper and proof of purchase.

Is it illegal for a company to not honor the warranty because they changed the service date?

quincy

What did you mean by "they changed the service date?" Were you referring to a change in month/day or from 4 years to 1 year?

You can contact the company's customer service number and/or send a letter to the corporate office with details of your complaint.

How much time is left on your 4 year warranty?

Water11

What did you mean by "they changed the service date?" Were you referring to a change in month/day or from 4 years to 1 year?

You can contact the company's customer service number and/or send a letter to the corporate office with details of your complaint.

How much time is left on your 4 year warranty?
On my paperwork it says that the warranty is 4 years, it has 3 months left before it expires. The company said that they only do 1 year warranties, and they won't honor the 4 year warranty that originally came with the electric toothbrush.

justalayman

What proof do you have there was a 4 year warranty? The paperwork thst came with the toothbrush, correct?

Have you offered to provide them with a copy to prove your claim?

adjusterjack

In another forum he wrote that he did provide it and the receipt to customer service and they are just stonewalling him.

I suggested that he send copies to the President of the company instead of dealing with customer service.

quincy

On my paperwork it says that the warranty is 4 years, it has 3 months left before it expires. The company said that they only do 1 year warranties, and they won't honor the 4 year warranty that originally came with the electric toothbrush.
At the time of purchase, did you send in the warranty card that came with the toothbrush when you purchased it?

Were you communicating with the store where you purchased the toothbrush or the manufacturer?

quincy

Last edited:

Water11

What proof do you have there was a 4 year warranty? The paperwork thst came with the toothbrush, correct?

Have you offered to provide them with a copy to prove your claim?
Yes I have sent them the paperwork and proof of purchase that says that it's a 4 year warranty. I've spoken with two customer service reps that insist that they only do 1 year warranties. But they should honor the original warranty that came with my electric toothbrush.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">