• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it illegal to sell iphone clones?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arvind123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I wanted to ask if it is illegal to sell iphone clones... as iphone are a fairly hot item there are several manufactures in china that have been making clones and you can buy it from china at sites like lightinthebox and so on. So is it legal to sell iphone clones in the u.s.a since it seems to be ok in china for them to sell and since even in america you are able to buy fake clothing and purses and things like that so why not cell phones. i am interested in selling iphones in a kiosk at the mall so will there be any problems if i wanted to do this? I know you can get in trouble if you sell these clones as the real iphones but if i was to just sell them by telling my customers that these are fake and they dont have any thing to do with the real iphone will that make it ok for me to sell?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

It is illegal to sell or import them.
China is a hot bed of counterfeiting.

Fake clothing and purses aren't legal in the US either.

It doesn't matter if you disclose they are fake.

It's a violation of federal law and cause you nothing but heartburn. A kiosk in a mall is not going undetected for long as there are almost certainly other LEGITIMATE dealers in the same mall that will certainly complain.

hany

are you sure?

hi flying Ron

Are you sure it's still illegal if you disclose they are fakes?

Just wondering?

Thank you

swalsh411

It is not legal to import counterfeit electronics which violate a laundry list of intellectual property and sell them. You're a fool if you think A) a mall will allow you to set up a kiosk in the open to sell them and B) you won't get in trouble. ICE busts people all the time for this. Just because you can buy fake clothing doesn't make it legal to sell it.

If you're so certain it's not illegal then you can pay an attorney to tell you that you're wrong.

cyjeff

An Apple is notoriously protective of their intellectual and property rights.

You would spend far more time in a court room than in your kiosk... and would end up in bankruptcy.

I guarantee that Apple's team of highly specialized and experienced rights lawyers can beat up your lawyer.

hany

what if you buy them for yourself

hello

i know more stupid questions...what if i was to buy one or two items for myself such as nike shoe etc...
how is that illegal?
they use paypal and all...
just wondering since I am not reselling them and obviously in know they are fake but I cant afford the real ones...

cyjeff

hello

i know more stupid questions...what if i was to buy one or two items for myself such as nike shoe etc...
how is that illegal?
they use paypal and all...
just wondering since I am not reselling them and obviously in know they are fake but I cant afford the real ones...
Apple is notoriously protective of their intellectual and property rights.

You would spend far more time in a court room than in your kiosk... and would end up in bankruptcy.

I guarantee that Apple's team of highly specialized and experienced rights lawyers can beat up your lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">