• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it kidnapping?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cgilman

My father is the custodial parent. He and his new girlfriend moved my youngest siblings to California without informing the courts or my mother who is entitled to weekend visitation plus half of all school holidays. My father refuses to give his new address to my mother. Her only contact with the children is now by telephone, since he refuses to let them visit her unless she pays for all travel expenses (he knows she can't afford this). Is the father and his new girlfriend guilty of kidnapping according to law in California state?

Contact 1-800-THE-LOST - the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. They will be able to direct you to services/help locally, as well as give you more complete information.

What your father and step-mother are guilty of is interference with visitation. Your mother needs to go to court TODAY and file charges. Your father will then be required, by the court, to produce the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">