• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal for a company to not give u vested year for 401k 11days short anniversary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jbcarnwath

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California, I worked for a company for 5yrs 11months and 21 days. They let me go on Jan 29,2015 and my 6 yr was going to be Feb 9, 2015. I asked why my vested ranking was only 5 yrs at 80% and not the 6 years at 100%. They told me it was because I didn't hit 6 years, but being 11 days short doesn't seem right that I didn't earn that final year. I was let go for not meeting standards of new director.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California, I worked for a company for 5yrs 11months and 21 days. They let me go on Jan 29,2015 and my 6 yr was going to be Feb 9, 2015. I asked why my vested ranking was only 5 yrs at 80% and not the 6 years at 100%. They told me it was because I didn't hit 6 years, but being 11 days short doesn't seem right that I didn't earn that final year. I was let go for not meeting standards of new director.
Please don't start a new thread with the same question.

Original thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/hiring-firing-wrongful-termination-5/company-saying-im-not-fully-vested-after-letting-me-go-11-days-before-date-612970.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">