• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it Legal for Mortgage Companies?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenna707

What is the name of your state? MD

Is it legal for a mortgage company to return a payment when the following month is not legally late. I owed for June which was sent in the beginning of July. July was not officially late until the 15th. I sent the payment certified return receipt. They refused the payment and sent it back. From what I was previously told, this released the consumer from the debtor. Is it legal for them to send payments back.What is the name of your state?

jenna707

Correction

I rec'd a response that didn't seem to answer my question. I'm trying to find out if it is legal for the mortgage company to return full payments when the following month is not legally late?

jenna707 said:
What is the name of your state? MD

Is it legal for a mortgage company to return a payment when the following month is not legally late. I owed for June which was sent in the beginning of July. July was not officially late until the 15th. I sent the payment certified return receipt. They refused the payment and sent it back. From what I was previously told, this released the consumer from the debtor. Is it legal for them to send payments back.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">