• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it normal for DCF to request fingerprints of grandparents who have temp custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lcullum1

What is the name of your state? Florida

My sister had her kids taken away by DCF because her house is filthy, the grandparents were given emergency temporary custody, when my sister went to court the lawyer and judge pretty much said that she could have them back within 3 weeks or less as long as her house is clean and the holes in the wall fixed. So the grandparents will only have them a short while, they gave dcf their name, SSN and all that rigamarole, they have no criminal history what so ever, attend church every sunday. The grandparents were granted temporary custody but a DCF lady came today and told my mom which would be "grandma" that they may need our fingerprints. Is this a normal routine thing for temporary custody, what is the purpose? I mean a name and SSN should provide all the information they need to do a background check. Can we refuse because its an invasion of privacy and unwarrented?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lcullum1 said:

My sister had her kids taken away by DCF because her house is filthy, the grandparents were given emergency temporary custody, when my sister went to court the lawyer and judge pretty much said that she could have them back within 3 weeks or less as long as her house is clean and the holes in the wall fixed. So the grandparents will only have them a short while, they gave dcf their name, SSN and all that rigamarole, they have no criminal history what so ever, attend church every sunday. The grandparents were granted temporary custody but a DCF lady came today and told my mom which would be "grandma" that they may need our fingerprints. Is this a normal routine thing for temporary custody, what is the purpose? I mean a name and SSN should provide all the information they need to do a background check. Can we refuse because its an invasion of privacy and unwarrented?

My response:

Sure. You can refuse. Say good-bye to the kiddies.

Are the rest of your family members pigs?

IAAL

Some Random Guy

Identity theft is rampant. fake IDs are easy. It is quite hard to change your fingerprints.

DCF is just trying to cover its a** and make sure that they are not placing the child with a known sex offender or similar unsavory ex-con.

knd2517

lcullum1 said:

Considering all the problems DCF in FL has had over the past few years I'm not the least bit surprised by this. If there is nothing to hide, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Heck, I had to be finger printed to get my college ID.

KND

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">