• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it possible to regain custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Omgkelc

I want to seek custody back of my boys who reside in Ohio, and I currently reside in Alabama.

Two years ago my (now ex) boyfriends mom got custody of our two boys because both of us were having substance abuse issues. He ended up going to prison, and I moved out of state so I could get clean, and rebuild my life. My ex got out of prison the beginning of this year. He was living with his wife when he got out. The boys are still living with their grandparents. My ex’s wife recently found a needle in his car and locked him out of her house because she does not want drugs around her kids. He ended up breaking in and got arrested for domestic violence and his parents bailed him out. Now he is living with his parents and our two children. I received messages from my ex’s wife a few days ago telling me about how he has been using since he got out of prison and everyone is turning a blind eye to it and allowing him to be alone with our two boys. She said that (my) kids are not safe and she has proof (texts, messages, etc from (my ex) and the grandma (who has custody). My ex’s mom even had him drive the kids back to her house one day (knowing he didn’t have a license and was having drug issues again) and he nodded out and rolled the vehicle with both kids in the car. This is the second time he has done this. I am seriously worried for their well-being. I am at a good place in my life. I have been clean for over 2 years, have a good job and I am financially stable. I have plenty of room for my boys here. I don’t want them to be in a drug riddled environment. There are so many things that could happen. Is there any chance for me to get custody of them, even though I live in another state? How would I go about it? I am stressed and clueless but I have to do something.

Just Blue

I want to seek custody back of my boys who reside in Ohio, and I currently reside in Alabama.

Two years ago my (now ex) boyfriends mom got custody of our two boys because both of us were having substance abuse issues. He ended up going to prison, and I moved out of state so I could get clean, and rebuild my life. My ex got out of prison the beginning of this year. He was living with his wife when he got out. The boys are still living with their grandparents. My ex’s wife recently found a needle in his car and locked him out of her house because she does not want drugs around her kids. He ended up breaking in and got arrested for domestic violence and his parents bailed him out. Now he is living with his parents and our two children. I received messages from my ex’s wife a few days ago telling me about how he has been using since he got out of prison and everyone is turning a blind eye to it and allowing him to be alone with our two boys. She said that (my) kids are not safe and she has proof (texts, messages, etc from (my ex) and the grandma (who has custody). My ex’s mom even had him drive the kids back to her house one day (knowing he didn’t have a license and was having drug issues again) and he nodded out and rolled the vehicle with both kids in the car. This is the second time he has done this. I am seriously worried for their well-being. I am at a good place in my life. I have been clean for over 2 years, have a good job and I am financially stable. I have plenty of room for my boys here. I don’t want them to be in a drug riddled environment. There are so many things that could happen. Is there any chance for me to get custody of them, even though I live in another state? How would I go about it? I am stressed and clueless but I have to do something.
When was the last time you saw, in person, your children?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Was this a CSB/CPS case originally?

t74

If you are truly concerned about the safety of the children, make a report - especially about the accident - to CPS. Their safety is more important than the details of what you need to do at this time to regain custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">