• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it possible to sue this online term paper company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tush17

This is a bit of a sticky situation, not sure about my rights on this one.

So i purchased a 'custom' term paper from this website.

(Link removed}

Turns out it wasn't custom at all, and it was 95% plagerized from an online journal. My university discovered this and I was suspended for a year (This occured in May of last year)

I threatened to sue the company and they sent me a refund, just wondering if there are any other routes I can take, as I failed the course because of this as well (that cost me $500) and unable to go to school.

My gut feeling tells me no, as I was an idiot for purchasing the paper in the first place (please don't go into detail about that, I beat myself up over it and have definitely learned my lesson), just wondering if I can sue for damages?

Thanks.

tush17

they said to show them proof it was not original, i showed them the plagiarism report. They then said they are sorry and it was a writer who made the error, and gave me my money back.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You chose to cheat and you got caught. Whose fault is that? (hint, look at the first word of my first sentence if you're having trouble figuring it out).

Ozark_Sophist

As a scholar who has had my primary source document works stolen by an online paper mill to be sold off to students who don't deserve to be in college, such as the OP, I find it appalling that the OP was only suspended for a year. The school should have expelled OP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">