• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is It Possible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

styl4u64

What is the name of your state?NC to be served by a company such as DHL? DHL is a delivery service much like UPS. I filed for custody and found a note on my door from DHL 'delivery attempt'. I just want to be prepared for this, thank you!

styl4u64

Hope I don't get yelled at...

but was just wondering if anyone has any clue if a service like UPS/Fed-Ex can serve you with court papers? Many thanks!

I could be wrong but in AZ the answer to your filing could be fed ex'ed (or some other co.) to you but if the other party was counter-suing you would have to be served by a private process server or the sheriff.

I would look under the state law where you filed and check on appropriate ways to serve a party.

styl4u64

Wow...thank you for the reply,,, not to push,,just some guidance, do you are any other members know a website for me to use for this search? Kind regards!

styl4u64

Thank YOU ...You're the BEST!

After looking over today's posts and responses briefly, I realize my question isn't very significant, yet still concerns me! Thanks for everything,,, styls

LdiJ

I don't have the answer to the question when its in regards to family law cases....but I do know that in business law service by any company that requires a signature upon delivery is acceptable service...been there...done that...multiple times.

styl4u64

Thanks,

LDIJ, I know of the 'business law signature', that's why I wondered if the family law would also agree that this type of service would be considered. The problem to me, only my opinion, is what is and is Not permissable. A new battle/wonder everyday! Kind regards,, styls For any that may face this in the future,, I will post the happenings,, you never know if it may happen to any of us:)??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">