• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it required?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MWC

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am filing for divorce, but we are working on settling everything without attorneys. We have two kids. We have agreed to 50/50 joint custody and my question is this... Is Child Support required? If we both have the kids half of the time and neither one of us is the "Primary" then do I have to require any child support?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Texas

I am filing for divorce, but we are working on settling everything without attorneys. We have two kids. We have agreed to 50/50 joint custody and my question is this... Is Child Support required? If we both have the kids half of the time and neither one of us is the "Primary" then do I have to require any child support?
You can agree to not having any child support ordered. Please remember that, even if you agree now, this can change in the future...it's not set in stone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">