• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is living will/healthcare power of attorney from old 2010 will still good with new revised will 2020?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robby321321

Its me, my will. My sister has the POA from before. I made a new will because of my sister, brother are getting old, and made my Nephew Executor my estate as still young. Did will through Legalzoom

FlyingRon

A living will (also called an advance medical directive), a will, and a power of attorney are all distinct things.
A new will, properly executed, invalidates an old will.
A new living will, properly executed, invalidates an old living will.
A new POA, however, doesn't necessarily cancel the old POA. You should specifically revoke early powers.

Robby321321

I still want my sister as POA, as lives close here. Nothing has changed there. Thats from 2010. New will (2020) only has changed Executor and who gets what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">