• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my company covered under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlexisMc88

After repeatedly sending emails to our HR department, information was finally disseminated among our company that because our parent company combined with it's subsidiaries employs more than 500, we are disqualified for relief under this act. My question is this: Because we are an Alaskan Native Corporation owned company and a Government Support Services company providing support to government and commercial entities, and not privately or publicly owned, does that change anything?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
My question is this: Because we are an Alaskan Native Corporation owned company and a Government Support Services company providing support to government and commercial entities, and not privately or publicly owned, does that change anything?
The fact that the company is an Alaskan Native Corporation, which are specially organized corporations set up initially by to take ownership of significant portions of Alaska land for the benefit of Alaska's native people, does not by itself make any difference here as the Act does not specifically mention these corporations. Similarly, the Act does not provide any specific rules for companies that provide support to the government.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">