• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my fate really in the law's hands?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whoops2u

So, let's say that the boss is sitting in his suit in the office of a fortune 500 company and one of his employee walks in wearing a bathing suit (the flip-side of your allegorical statement). Does the boss not have the right to be upset at the employee? The problem is that all too may young-ish folks nowadays seem to think that every situation is a pool party.
A wise young person might try to find out what his boss likes and act that way. For instance, there is little (of normal-type day events) I hate more than when I'm busy and someone comes into the office with a question. Not just a question as I don't mind that at all. It's when they don't know what it is, but figure they'll get to it if they talk through things a bit. Once I find out they have no idea what they want from me, I send them away until they figure it out.

That might not be a mankini at a church social faux pas, but it helps to indicate how I want people I work with to act.

While we might want to make "the problem" bigger and reflect a whole demographic, at the end all we are left is the Speech 100 truism, the duty of clear communication is on the one(s) wanting to communicate. Yes, kiddo using slang or happy faces in a formal letter is not going to have a long career working with me. At the same time, my texts still tend to be 160 characters. Early texts were expensive and I wanted to get every bit of value I could from sending one and took pride at hitting 160, not a space more or less. That's the case even though the technology it doesn't matter any more. It does mean I use the technology differently from many who I send them to.

Like here, early posts from me were fairly well documented and anticipated to address potential questions. Now, it can be close to "Hey, boye, sue 'em. :mad::sick::poop:"

quincy

It might be important to note - after this several post detour on the use of language to communicate :) - that the original poster (prestinegreene72)
communicated his legal concerns effectively in "proper" English.

prestinegreene72's use of the word "leechers" might have caused some to scratch their heads but that was due more to the reader's lack of familiarity with the word and its current usage, and due less to the writing skills of the one using the word.

Just Blue

It might be important to note - after this several post detour on the use of language to communicate :) - that the original poster (prestinegreene72)
communicated his legal concerns effectively in "proper" English.

prestinegreene72's use of the word "leechers" might have caused some to scratch their heads but that was due more to the reader's lack of familiarity with the word and its current usage, and due less to the writing skills of the one using the word.
You're correct. But OP was a jerk. A literate jerk...but a jerk none the less. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">