• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my landlords wife harassing me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anon2you

Thank you.. you know what my dad came over today because the good for nothing neighbor scratched the whole side of my car while cutting his grass why he did it idk maybe bored with nothing better to do. He said that maybe the reason why LL and his wife are so strict on who comes here esp people with uniforms is because their probably not even supposed to be renting he’s going to find more info about that for me tmrw but this was just the icing on the cake for me. I’ve been crying all day it’s sad you can’t even have anything nice that you work hard and pay for because ppl are just looking to mess up your stuff old people doing little kid stuff.

FarmerJ

did you see the neighbor who damaged your car do it ? or did they admit it and if so are you considering suing in small claims court for the cost of the repair. AS to the LL having two rental units on the property as well as living there yes I too wonder if all the housing units are legal. I get it that some landlords don't have separate utility meters for all units because they didn't want to file permits - draw attention from the city they are in but some times there are older units on a property that had been rentals long before zoning rules restricted a property to one unit.(and the LLs just never bothered to get individual meters) The neighborhood I used to live on had been re zoned to single family homes only except for the bigger main street that went from downtown to the west burb, even though there were a quite a few two and three family structures and numerous four plexes on those side streets so just newer housing had to be single family homes only. (another hint that a unit may not be legal is when every one has the same address number)

Anon2you

did you see the neighbor who damaged your car do it ? or did they admit it and if so are you considering suing in small claims court for the cost of the repair. AS to the LL having two rental units on the property as well as living there yes I too wonder if all the housing units are legal. I get it that some landlords don't have separate utility meters for all units because they didn't want to file permits - draw attention from the city they are in but some times there are older units on a property that had been rentals long before zoning rules restricted a property to one unit.(and the LLs just never bothered to get individual meters) The neighborhood I used to live on had been re zoned to single family homes only except for the bigger main street that went from downtown to the west burb, even though there were a quite a few two and three family structures and numerous four plexes on those side streets so just newer housing had to be single family homes only. (another hint that a unit may not be legal is when every one has the same address number)
Not exactly in action but I seen him cutting the grass I should’ve knew something was up because I seen him close to my car but honestly you wouldn’t think someone would be such an a-hole to do something like this at first I thought it was scratches from the weed whacker but then when my bf & dad got here to see it they said it looks like he rubbed his burlap grass bag all over my car literally it’s so bad it’s like he vandalized my car he got my hood everything & when went to get his insurance he acted so dumb like he was mocking me he pretty much told me well you wanted to be parking there. These ppl have been here since the 90s so you know those ppl that think the streets are theirs & no one else. It pretty much feels like I can’t do anything and idk if I can even take him to court I just reported it to my insurance but I’m paying for what he did and him with no consequences this is seriously all I needed like why all of a sudden after we tell LL we’re done living here after 5 months this happens to us. One day we woke up & my bfs truck had a dent on the hood but we let it go but now this it’s so sad. Well the place I’m living in isn’t that old when I look it up the whole property says single family residence and says the specific spot we’re staying in was built 2003 but effective year 2008. I want to say we have our own meter but not to sure as I don’t know much if that’s the same thing I’m talking about it’s on the side of the laundry room. We do all share the same address the basement “studio” has it’s own one way entry but maybe that’s legal idk I’m calling in a bit as soon as it opens.

Anon2you

If him cutting the grass right by car and seeing him with his burlap bag also him telling me that’s on me for parking there is not enough idk what is. He rubbed his bag all on my hood my two doors my grill the moldings everything literally There’s no denying.

Anon2you

Without poof why should they charge him?
I just asked in the other thread what are the chances of my insurance charging him and even if I wanted to take him to court the cops told me even if I saw him physically doing it the chances are slim that it sounded more like I just needed to report it to my insurance so it’s like damn if you do damn if you don’t I saw him cutting the grass saw him with his bag saw him next to my car he told me that’s what I get for parking there all I needed was to catch him in action but even then if I saw him that wouldn’t mean anything like the police said so I guess I needed to be recording him the whole time :unsure:

PayrollHRGuy

I just asked in the other thread what are the chances of my insurance charging him and even if I wanted to take him to court the cops told me even if I saw him physically doing it the chances are slim that it sounded more like I just needed to report it to my insurance so it’s like damn if you do damn if you don’t I saw him cutting the grass saw him with his bag saw him next to my car he told me that’s what I get for parking there all I needed was to catch him in action but even then if I saw him that wouldn’t mean anything like the police said so I guess I needed to be recording him the whole time :unsure:
The police don't deal with civil cases which is exactly this would be if you or your insurance company sued the guy. And that is what the insurance company would have to do if they wanted to "charge" him for the damage.

Anon2you

There are two threads on this same issue.
The police don't deal with civil cases which is exactly this would be if you or your insurance company sued the guy. And that is what the insurance company would have to do if they wanted to "charge" him for the damage.
The law works in such a messed up way I’m sure if these neighbors were to see me doing something like this they would be quick to gang up on me but someone tows our car and no one sees nothing neighbor scratches my car and not a peep but I go outside to get something from my car & I’m being watched like a hawk. Sad sad sad

Anon2you

It just enrages me that someone in their right mind would do this like who what why.. they have no heart do they not see me with my kids.. it’s literally ppl in their 50s/60s/70s doing this to a woman in her 20s like I did nothing to deserve this literally nothing but pay my rent & mind my business. I have to pay for it all and for what I will never understand but I know for sure they have to live with this hate and miserableness for the rest of their lives.

PayrollHRGuy

It just enrages me that someone in their right mind would do this like who what why.. they have no heart do they not see me with my kids.. it’s literally ppl in their 50s/60s/70s doing this to a woman in her 20s like I did nothing to deserve this literally nothing but pay my rent & mind my business. I have to pay for it all and for what I will never understand but I know for sure they have to live with this hate and miserableness for the rest of their lives.
In the other thread, you mentioned that there were neighbors with cameras that may have recorded this. I also said that if you had not pissed those neighbors off as well they may have video that could be used as evidence. You didn't reply to that so I assume you have pissed them off too?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">